"Today is the day for each of us to erect those monuments on our own battlefields and mark the place where we began again."

Monday, September 12, 2011

This time, it's personal

First, I would like to show you a video:


Despite the sad nature of the music video, I am in love with this song. It's my new favorite song, I listen to it everyday. I know its a little odd that a 21-year old college guy would consider this his favorite song, but I guess it all boils down to this:

Deep down, I'm a hopeless romantic.

This is Urban Dictionary's definition of "hopeless romantic":

"This person is in love with love. They believe in fairy tales and love. They're not to be confused as stalkers or creepy because that's not what a hopeless romantic is. All hopeless romantics are idealists, the sentimental dreamers, the imaginative and the fanciful when you get to know them. They often live with rose colored glasses on. They make love look like an art form with all the romantic things they do for their special someone"

Yeah I know, I don't look it, and I certainly don't act it, but its true.

 I told you at the beginning that I would get personal at times. Well this is me getting personal. I'm not one to talk to just anybody about my romantic life and feelings, let alone post it on the Internets for the world to see.


But putting all that aside, lets get real personal.

I'll be honest with you. There are A LOT of awesome girls up here at USU. I've never been around so many. Some times its literally more than I can handle and I just have to ignore all of them, because there are simply too many. And that's not just around campus, but here at Old Farm, where I live. HECK even in my ward I feel surrounded! (Which is probably due to our 3 to 1 girl to guy ratio...) It literally took my roommates and I a few days to calm down when we moved in before we got our heads straight. That's no lie my friends.

But now we're thinking clearer (most of us...) and starting to really become friends with a lot of different girls. And we're not just hormonal guys meeting as many a we can because of some male instinct thing to find a mate (most of us...), speaking for myself, I feel like I'm genuinely enjoying getting to know closely so many great and respectable young women. It really has changed my perspective. I don't feel so much like a "wife-hunter" RM anymore. More like a guy putting a puzzle together. Some pieces help build the corners and the edges, some help fill in the middle. I'm looking for that one perfect piece to complete that one hard part, but while I do it, I fill in other parts of the puzzle. And that's great too.

Only sometimes I do feel like its an all sky puzzle, with zero clouds for reference, and I lost the box anyway so I'd never know. Yep, just looking for that piece.

I'm no Romeo, no Casanova,  but I know that someday it'll happen, if I do my part. I'll find that one special puzzle piece that completes the puzzle, I'll find my eternal companion. I don't know how soon it'll be, but I sure will have a great time along the way, filling in my puzzle. 

Until next time...wanna be my wingman?

No comments:

Post a Comment