"Today is the day for each of us to erect those monuments on our own battlefields and mark the place where we began again."

Friday, September 9, 2011

New friends, old friends, and "What was your name again?"

 Question: How many people do you think I have met since I've moved up here to Logan?

Answer: Hundreds, maybe THOUSANDS OF-okay maybe that's an exaggeration, but I'm actually not exaggerating about the hundreds thing. Sure I'm not BFF's with every one of them, but I literally have shaken hands and exchanged names with dozens, if not hundreds of people. Now I'm not bragging, especially when you consider the fact that I remember the names of maybe 20 or 30 or those people, I'm only highlighting another aspect of college life: meeting new people.



Personally I love it. I've never branched out and been so social in my whole life, well, except for my mission. But that was different, most people I talk to here are actually happy to see me, instead of averting their eyes and hoping I pass them by. It really is quite exciting.

So the upside has been that I've pretty much done something social every night that I've been here, ranging from ice cream parties (with 100+ guests) to bon fires in the canyon, with movie watching, dance parties, and pranking other apartments mixed in between, among other things. It really has been a quite exciting almost 3 weeks.

The downside? My sleep deprivation habits have finally caught up to me. All those late night social events have taken their toll. Today by my last class I was DEAD. I could not stay awake. So I took a nap when I came home. If you don't know how I feel about naps you should know that we have a love/hate relationship. On one hand they're great for resting after a long day (or many long days), on the other hand I usually wake up and feel like I've slept into the next century, only to find that its only been an hour.

But all in all I wouldn't change anything. Already I have tons of great memories, and I've only been here 3 weeks! Whenever a week passes by I can hardly believe that its only been a week. My roommate Mike and I frequently catch ourselves saying, "Was that really just last week?" Its just that so much happens in a week, its hard to believe. I already have met several people who I know I'm going to be best friends with this year, in addition to reconnecting with a few old friends that I haven't seen in a while. Another exciting part of the college life.

Well, that's all for today. Until tomorrow....what was your name again?

1 comment:

  1. It is so true, and I'm now on you're blog at 2:30am while you sleep in your bed next to me... Why do we do these things to ourselves?!

    ReplyDelete