"Today is the day for each of us to erect those monuments on our own battlefields and mark the place where we began again."

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Testimony

Do you have several hours? Just wondering. Today I decided that as I'm starting out on this blog, one of the first things I should do is let you know how I feel about the most important thing in my life, nay, what makes up my life, period.

I am an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have been since birth. My parents are, and their parents are, and so on until some really awesome guy (or girl. or both) decided to join the church back in its first years. So all I've know my whole life has been the church.

Needless to say, after years of following my parents, which I thank them for (thanks Mom and Dad!), I gained a testimony of my own. I was pretty young when I started trying too. I was about 12 or 13 when I read the Book of Mormon for the first time. I prayed and fasted about it seriously a couple years later, and by sixteen I was in. I was 100% committed, true blue, dyed to the wool. The rest of my testimony on different parts of the Gospel of Jesus Christ came bit by bit, or line upon line, but the base was there. I had no desire to deviate. "To where?" I would think. There simply was no other way of life for me.

I won't turn this into an autobiography, I just want you to know much a part of my life the Gospel is. My Father in Heaven has been very patient with me and has granted me this testimony through blessing and trail, triumph and failure. And I know I'm still going too. Yes, the journey is far from over. But I know who leads me, so I have no fear.

So my friends, it's all true. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, this is His Church and Gospel. He speaks to us today through His prophet, Thomas S. Monson, who I have a witness is a prophet of God. I know the Book of Mormon is His word, and I love it, it is my favorite book. Every day I thank God for the blessing of temples. I love to see them, I love be there, I love to talk about them. How sad my life would be without their far-reaching blessings in my life.

The list goes on. I love the Gospel. I know I may not always exude an exalted glow, but I want you all to remember that Cameron James Decker believes in Jesus Christ and His Gospel.

I know this post is long, but we're lucky we got away with as short as it was. If you're reading up to this point, thank you for your time and attention, I appreciate it. Until next time, shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment