"Today is the day for each of us to erect those monuments on our own battlefields and mark the place where we began again."

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

This is a poem

Morning
What is this song?
My roommates phone won't shut up
He keeps on sleeping
Why can't he hear it?
I kick his bed to wake him up
Get up! 
Your phone broke my dreams

Ride the bus to class
This professor always talks about food
We're in chemistry, why food?
Yes, I am hungry
The girl next to me is an old friend
She feels like a new friend
I feel happy
She makes it worth it

Institute
My instructor is short
But full of awesome
Everyone participates
This guy next to me is married
And he always talks about it
Still
I love this class

More day
More classes
Keep learning
Turn in homework
Take notes
Saw a childhood friend
That preacher guy on campus annoys me
Last class, Institute again

Rest of the day
This is the good part
Played with a new friend
We fed some ducks
I caught one of them
She had to go
Time zooms by on a laptop
Soon I'm "cleaning the sink"

This poem doesn't make sense
It has no rhyme
It has no rhythm
Is there a name for a poem like this?
I don't care
I'll make one up
From now on, a poem of just words
will be called a "Cameron"

THE END


Until next time...anybody up for a Haiku?

No comments:

Post a Comment