"Today is the day for each of us to erect those monuments on our own battlefields and mark the place where we began again."

Thursday, September 15, 2011

A real brain-BUSTER

I tried a new game on campus today.

I call it "quick-compliments".

It consists of looking at every person you pass (or most people, if its really busy) and just by looking at them for a few seconds, coming up with a sincere compliment that you would give them if you had the chance.

Sometimes its hard because they pass so quick,

Sometimes I try to make it harder by coming up with something deeper than a common one-layered compliment. For example: "Hey I like your shoes." would instead  be more like, "Hey I really like your shoes, they go with your shirt and it makes you look really confident."

Another example: I saw a girl with a diamond headband  and a shiny necklace and I thought, "Your headband is really beautiful the way it sparkles in the sun and that and your necklace really make you stand out."

I don't know why or how I started doing this. It started a few days ago and it was only today that I really consciously realized what I was doing.

I noticed that it really put me in a better mood because whenever I see someone I think something positive about them, and that makes me happier. I think I will continue to do it.

Until next time...I really like your comment below, it lets me know you are an awesome person.

1 comment:

  1. I find this game quite enjoyable! This is another reason you are one of the best :)

    ReplyDelete