"Today is the day for each of us to erect those monuments on our own battlefields and mark the place where we began again."

Monday, October 31, 2011

This is Halloween

I never know what to be.

For Halloween that is.

In my latter years I've always tried to be creative. Something original.

As a youth I had plenty of common costumes.

Vampire, Power Ranger, Ninja, Harry Potter, Soldier, etc.

One year when I was like 11 I went as the Phantom of the Opera. Now you don't see every kid dressing as that for Halloween.

Sometimes I was an odd child.

But in my recent years I've had to think more.

My costumes from teenage-dom til now have been better.

Most of them are inside jokes. One year I dressed up as my Dad. You'd have to know him (I love you Dad!). The next year I went as this super old pumpkin costume that my parents had made all eight of us wear as children. It was a little small on me but the family got a laugh out of it. Then I was a "chick-magnet", I wore a shirt with a magnet on it, with pictures of baby chickens. The next year I wore a "Nudist on Strike" sign over a bathrobe (Don't worry, I had clothes on underneath).

This year I was...what would you call it? I've had many names for it. The most popular one is "Walk-in[g] Closet". Basically I decided to put on almost all of the clothes I owned at the same time. Check it out:


Huh? Huh? Pretty cool right? I don't have a full-size picture yet or you could get the full effect. I'll show you later.

I even won "Most Original Costume" at my ward Halloween party. I guess they felt sorry for me and my 12 layers of clothes. 


All said and done, a pretty solid Halloween. Except it's 10:15 and I'm at home...and we've had no trick-or-treaters...or gone trick-or-treating....

I did get ten doughnuts as a prize for my costume though. Yeah, I'd say that's a win.

Until next time...Cameron's costume 1, Lame Halloween 0

No comments:

Post a Comment