"Today is the day for each of us to erect those monuments on our own battlefields and mark the place where we began again."

Sunday, October 2, 2011

They're here....THEY'RE COMING!!!

I'm gonna need lots of ammo...
I wish I could run faster...I should have done more cardio to prepare...
Campus is going to be a crazy mess...
Where's my map? I need to map out my course...
I need to find a posse for protection...
Sweating bullets...white knuckles clutching my Nerf blaster...
Are they around this corner?...Or this corner?...
Why is my next class so far away?!
I hear them.
Running behind me.
I must survive.
THEY'RE COMING



Yes folks, this week is Humans vs. Zombies here at Utah State. If you don't know what it is, its basically a huge game of tag between "Humans" and "Zombies". The game starts out with just a few zombies and hundreds of humans. You go through your normal day with classes and whatnot, only every time you step out of a building on campus...you're free game. The humans can use Nerf guns and sock balls to "stun" the Zombies for 15 minutes. All the Zombie has to do it tag you, and you become a member of the "Zombie Horde", furiously feasting on human flesh in order to not die from starvation. In addition to regular activities on campus, the Humans also participate in special "missions" each night in order to earn prizes valuable to the game. Needless to say, this is the most epic game of tag you've ever seen or heard of. And I'm a part of it. Yes, last week I registered and I'm starting out as a Human. Only problem is I still don't have my arsenal, my darts and weapons, so my roommate Mike and I are going to buy everything tonight after midnight (cause you know, todays Sunday...I know, its not something we should do every week...) After that we're going up to campus to map out our courses between classes. I need to get a map...We have to be ready, because starting at 8 am tomorrow, the war begins...

1 comment: