"Today is the day for each of us to erect those monuments on our own battlefields and mark the place where we began again."

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Adios little bro...


See that studly one there? 
Well, no, that's me, but I mean the one with the suit on-
no, again that's me. 
Look, the one we're all holding up, see him?
Yeah, that's him, that's my little bro, Bryce.
He's a missionary now.
Its been a little over a week since he left, 
and I still can't believe he's a missionary. 
I mean to me he's still the dorky 16 year old kid he was when I left on my mission.
Now he's the dorky 19 year old kid that's on his mission. 
Weird.
But I'm dang proud of him. 
He's gonna flood the country of Argentina with the good news, the Gospel.
Speaking Spanish. Like a boss. 

He and I were good friends growing up.
My favorite memories were going fishing in the Uintahs with our dad.
He's always been too lucky for his own good. 
I've never met a kid that could do things so well, so quickly.
It frustrated me growing up, but now its just a part of what makes Bryce Bryce.
Our birthdays are close together, it always seemed like we were celebrating them simultaneously.
We shared a room for many years as children.
We would always keep each other up late talking and goofing around.
When I finally got my own room (right next to his), we still kept each other up,
we bought these walkie talkies for our birthdays, and we'd talk til late.
I can't for the life of me remember what about, but I'll never forget it.

Here's to you Bryce, 
you're gonna be a great missionary,
and you're in for the time of your life.
I love you brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment