"Today is the day for each of us to erect those monuments on our own battlefields and mark the place where we began again."

Friday, December 16, 2011

The Final Week

The whole city was deserted.
The freezing air blew eerily across Utah State campus.
Thousands and thousands were gone.
Those that remained wandered lifelessly over the abandoned streets.
Moaning and snarling, they dragged their bodies to the end...

Zombie Apocalypse? I wish.

No, it was the end of FINALS WEEK!!!

Can you believe it?!? It's OVER!!! It's all OVER!!! Muhahaha!!!


And before you say I've gone crazy, you try trudging through a whole week having one final, every day, until Friday, while every day leading up to it more and more people announce to you, "I'm done!" and you must in turn respond, "I have until Friday..." and they will inevitably reply with feigned pity and pretend sadness (they don't care, they're done!) But now, even I can say with pride...

I MADE IT!!!!

Actually to be honest, it wasn't that hard. I did awesome on all my finals. My classes this semester weren't really that challenging and frankly I'm gonna miss most of them. I had great professors and friends in most classes that I won't get to see that often anymore. And things are changing.

I'm getting two new roommates. Clint and Cade have already left. I'm gonna miss Clint, he was an awesome guy. Cade was cool too, but we really didn't see him that often. He was really good about paying his part of the utilities on time though.

Melissa, one of my best friends in the whole wide world, left to go student teach at Layton (It's Layton right Melissa?), that's gonna be weird, not having her around...(Note to Melissa: You're gonna do great! I believe in you!)

Then a bunch of friends I've gotten to know pretty well from my ward are leaving, and new classes are starting, and a new year, with new challenges and trials, adventures and experiences...

Well, you know what they say, the only real constant thing is change (They say that right? Am I making that up?)

Sadly, before all of that happens, and even before this wonderful Christmas holiday, I'm still stuck here a whole week for stinkin' work. Stupid work. I don't know what the heck I'll do with myself while I'm not working.

I guess now is the time to start that new hobby I've been talking about.

Until next time...wanna do something with me?

3 comments:

  1. I want to see you in one week that's what I want!! Yay for family and Christmas time! I'm so proud of you for doing well on all your finals. You are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Layton is right! And thank you! At least I know one person believes in me! Hopefully I will see you on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Cam...it will be great having you & Aubrey home at least for a short time. The week before Christmas always flies by, use your spare time to find an extra special gift for your father.

    ReplyDelete