"Today is the day for each of us to erect those monuments on our own battlefields and mark the place where we began again."

Thursday, February 9, 2012

What happened while I was out...

Too much.

Too much has happened. And I'm sorry, its just too much to tell.

Also...there's not much to tell.

I mean yeah there is, there's always stuff to say. But anything of long-term importance? Not really. Well, yeah, yeah there's a few things. I'll tell you about them.

Okay, so classes started. Not a big thing. Chemistry and math classes pretty much. And then there's my favorite class...KAJUKENBO!



This is my favorite class by far! It's a mixed martial arts class that mixes karate, judo, chinese boxing, jujitsu, and other things. It was developed on the streets of Hawaii to defend against gangs. I'll tell you this, its not the regular karate class you'd imagine. Its way better. Its more intense, faster, closer, and seriously, with this mastered, I could beat the crap out of a karate black belt. Not to brag or anything...

So that's been the highlight of my semester really, I always look forward to it. With that and beginning to workout at the USU Fieldhouse, I am living up to my New Years Resolution of being healthier!

A few other things have happened too. This last weekend was super eventful.

On Friday I got to go with my little bro Bryce and others in my family to the temple while he got his endowment. He's leaving on his mission here quick, February 22, about two weeks away. Dang...I really am gonna miss that kid. He's a good little bro. A little obnoxious at times, but an all around good kid. But, he's off to Argentina to do something that's only a memory for me. What I'd give to be in his shoes...

Anyway, yes, the temple was awesome. I love it. And being there with my family was perfect. I got to see them again on Sunday, I went down to visit. I finally got to meet my new baby nephew, Easton Beckett Johnson, who was born January 20th.



He is awesome. He is a beast. He is...Beaston...

Oh and also, just a little thing, not much to talk about, I just got in a horrific and fiery car accident.

So that was my weekend and-...what? The accident? Oh it wasn't a big deal. I just almost died. So yeah as I was-what? You want me to talk more about it? Really? I mean I don't understand why its not really a big thing but sure, I'll talk about it.


Just kidding that's not it.
It wasn't quite that bad.
All 4 of us lived after all, with only minor injuries. My whiplash is doing much better, thank you.

It all started when Mike and Kevin wanted to go for a drive down Logan Canyon. Kevin's car is fast. Kevin is fast. Too fast to wait behind a semi. Logan Canyon as several dirt roads that veer off to side and on again after about 100 yards. Kevin decided he would try to pass the semi using one of these side roads. I love Kevin to death, but, not his best idea. It turned out to be very, VERY icy. As you can imagine, we lost control. Hurtling through the air, we spun sideways, took out several trees, then straightened out and stopped violently by crashing headfirst into a large rock. After the initial shock passed, Kevin asked if we were all okay, we all said yes, then stepped out of the car and assessed the damage. Totaled. Undriveable. We looked at our cell phones. No service. It is Logan Canyon after all. Also, its cold. And windy. But we start walking. What else could we do? After about 5 minutes looking for service, the campus police showed up, picked us up, and drove us back to the scene, where several Logan police, Sheriff's department, Highway patrol, and Ambulances began to arrive. We were all fine, except Kevin's ego. And his car. We gave our info and Kevin gave a statement and campus police drove us back home. And that was it.

Not the most exciting crash story you've heard, but it was the worst one I've been in, so it sure goes down in my book of "Things I've lived through that are interesting that I don't want to live again".

And that was my weekend. And pretty much the most exciting things that have happened this semester thus far. I know, you're actually asleep while you read this. I'm sorry, but hey didn't you beg me for a post telling you what I've done since my last blog post?...Oh. Well, I did it anyway. So there.

Okay, well I'm done. Time to sleep. Or maybe watch some of my favorite new show Lie to Me on Netflix. Yeah...that's probably gonna happen.

Until next time...do not, I say DO NOT try and pass a semi. Ever.

2 comments:

  1. I've been faithfully watching for a new post...so it's about time! Grateful that you're still in one piece. Glad to hear the whiplash is doing better.

    ReplyDelete